Thursday, November 24, 2016

small business saturday

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you all had a great day! I stayed here at school and had dinner with my friend and her sister. I have eaten a ridiculous amount of food, but I regret nothing. Right now I'm just drinking tea and chilling. Honestly, it feels good to just relax after having so much stuff going on all the time.

As some of you might know, this Saturday is Small Business Saturday, a day all about supporting your local small businesses. I recently moved here to Evanston, so while I am still not a connoisseur of all of the small businesses here, I am still pretty excited about it. Small businesses are very valuable to local economies and this is why we should all make a conscious effort to participate on Small Business Saturday!

I was recently having brunch in one of my favorite small businesses here in Evanston, Bagel Art Cafe, and I saw this poster hanging from their wall:


So, Evanston readers, this sounds like a pretty cool opportunity to support some local businesses! I will definitively be going there with some friends.

I definitively recommend brunching at Bagel Art Cafe, because I honestly can't go a day without having a bagel. Another of my other favorite Evanston-based businesses is Alley Gallery because they have really cool posters and an even cooler parrot. I also love Bookends and Beginnings and you will too if, like me, you enjoy spending hours just wondering around cute/cozy bookstores and getting overwhelmed by all of the amazing books you feel like you must read. Finally, of course, shout out to Kafein because all college students need coffee at midnight at some point.

I'll be supporting the local business this Saturday and using the hashtags #ShopSmall and #SmallBizSat and you should too! If you guys would like to read more about Small Business Saturday and its economic impact, I recommend reading this article from Fundera, an online resource for small business owners. Fundera helps out small businesses in different ways; for instance, they have small business loans that can help business owners fund seasonal workers and increase inventory during the holidays. Check out their site for more information on the ways they can help out!


Oh and, if you are a reader from back home in Cali, remember to shop in Deganado for all of your pet-related necessities. Check out their Facebook page! Shameless plug for the family biz y'all.

Thanks for reading and remember to shop local!

Maria


1 comment:

  1. Buen Día
    Que bien q es apoyar las empresas pequeñas y familiares, que las personas jóvenes sean consienten de eso
    Gracias por mostrarnos los bellos sitios de tu nuevo sitio d vivienda
    Y obvio que iré a Deganado ya que tú lo recomiendas
    Feliz día de acción de gracia

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)