Monday, August 8, 2016

late birthday coffee

Look at those pretty lights.

A couple of days ago I went out with some of my family members to celebrate my birthday. It was a late-birthday coffee date sort of event. The restaurant we went to is really pretty, and very heavily decorated with latin american stuff. It focuses more of latin american intellectuals and authors, which I love. It is very bright and colorful, which I also love, especially for taking pictures. Here's what I wore!

When I was in 10th grade I bought this really nice long dress from Zara for my best friend's 15th birthday party. It has been sitting in my closet since then and I decided it was about time I wore it again. I had to had it cut because it was really long and I was not planning on wearing it with heels. Just doing this helps turn a fancy dress into something more casual you can wear any day. To dress it down even more, I used my mom's denim shirt as a jacket, wore my New Balance sneakers, and even used my alien emoji necklace. I think my messy bun also helps make the dress appear more casual. Recicle your clothes kids. It's not only practical but it's very fun to figure out ways to dress fancy things down.




This is actually the only picture I have of the whole outfit, shoes included. Yup. A mirror selfie. I guess that's how we do things here at Vanille. I'm just being resourceful because my main photographer -my boyfriend- is living in another city. Jeez. Don't judge.

Dress from Zara
Shirt from my mom's closet
Shoes from New Balance


I literally JUST noticed the lizard on the wall! Comment if you see it.





I had an almond milk latte, a red velvet cake and some pandebonos. Everything was really good.


If I look kind of nervous in this picture it's because one of the waiters keeps staring when the pictures were being taken and it was very uncomfortable.

One of my great-aunts gave me some flowers from a flower shop inside the restaurant and I just love how they match my dress.

The owner of the flower store that was inside of the restaurant asked if she could take a picture of me. That is my "surprised but still nice" face. I am actually attempting to find the flower shop on social media to see if she posted that picture she took.


This last picture was taken without the jean shirt because my grandma insisted I take it off because I looked nicer without it. Guess she did not really get the whole "dressing down a nice dress" sort of style I was going for.

Thanks a lot for reading!

Maria

Pictures by Alejandro Valencia

6 comments:

  1. I saw the lizard haha! You look so beautiful here, just like princess Belle :D the dress is stunning, I've always wanted to find one like that, perfect for summer days and as an occasion dress! Total Disney style *heart eyes* :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny I didn't notice it was there while I was at the restaurant! Thanks so much Elizabeth! I'm glad you like it! <3

      Delete
  2. Great post! Have a nice day ^^

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)