Tuesday, July 5, 2016

summer looks part I

Saying I'm wearing "summer" outfits in Cali is redundant because that's what I always wear here. It's crazy how in a few months I'll be freezing in Chicago. I'm finally going to experience winter! I am both terrified and extremely excited! I used to be only extremely excited but people keep talking about how "brutal" Chicago winter is and they are making me nervous. Anyway, here are the outfits:





Shirt from Forever 21
Jeans from Gap
Necklace form American Apparel

This first outfit is something I wear a lot. I love it and it's just very comfy and easy to throw on when I'm in a hurry, so, always. That gray shirt is super old and it looks like it is about to disintegrate but it is probably one of my favorite pieces in my whole wardrobe. I have tried so hard to find a new shirt to replace this one but I can never find a shirt that feels so right. The jeans are probably my favorite pair of jeans I own, even though they are three sizes too big. I wanted them to look oversized, so it's fine, although it's kind of annoying having to pull them up all the time/wear a belt (I dislike them for no rational reason whatsoever). The dinosaur necklace is another favorite of mine. I got it last summer as a birthday present for myself. I love things shaped like dinosaurs, as you can probably tell by the little figures next to my cactus, Becca.

Excuse the wet hair in the following pictures:






Shirt from Urban Outfitters
Skirt from Anthropologie
Shoes from Hogan

I'm also loving this outfit. The skirt is really cute! I don't know if you can tell but it has tiny women wearing bathing suits, and I'm guessing they are tanning or something. Maybe they're just chilling at the beach or pool. My boyfriend thinks they have green hair, but I think they are wearing swim caps. What do you guys think? Both the shirt and the skirt are a bit big on me but whatever, they are still cute.



July and August are my last two months here in Cali, Colombia. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am about going to Chicago on September. I am so ready to begin college and I'm looking forward to so many different things. I have even started fantasizing about how everything will be when I get there. To put it simply, I'm obsessed with the idea of starting college this fall. If you are new to this blog and are interested in my college acceptance/decision process, you can read more about it here.

What else is new? I just recently got highlights in my hair. It was after these pictures were taken so you will be seeing that on an upcoming post, although it is a very subtle change. It doesn't look as light as I was expecting, but maybe it will with time. I'm not sure if that actually happens though, I can't find a logical explanation for it, and still, for some reason, part of me keeps believing it does.

Like always, thanks a lot for reading. See you guys soon!

Maria



2 comments:

  1. Bellísima, tú look maravilloso
    Qué emoción ya casi empiezas la Universidad

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)