Friday, January 1, 2016

merry little christmasy stuff + NYE

A funny thing happened: this post was actually meant to be published yesterday but Blogger did not save it. However, here it is, with the NYE addition.

So here I am, drinking "White Christmas Tea" (a very thoughtful gift from my boyfriend) and feeling kind of sad because December is practically over, and so is the christmas/holiday spirit. Sadly, I didn't either go somewhere where it's winter or get the chance to drink from those cool red Starbucks cups, because I live in Cali, Colombia, and we don't have snow or Starbucks here. However, I did enjoy christmas and I'm very grateful to the people who made it so enjoyable. I'm literary holding on 2015 because I cannot believe I am graduating in six months. I don't know about you but I think the transition to adulthood doesn't really begin when you turn 18 but rather when you graduate from high school. You are thrust into the so called real world, and all of the comforts of being a "kid" are basically snatched from you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about going to college and beginning to form my own life, but it's just so real now that I'm like in shock. Also, I'm turning 19 in seven months. What even is 19? It's such a random age, isn't it? It's like you're not 18 so you're not in that threshold before turning into a real adult, but you're also not in your 20s, which is like the real adult world (I think). Can I just be 18 forever please? Or maybe skip from 18 to 20. I don't know!!!! Can any 19 year old tell me what it feels to be 19????

So because I'm holding on to 2015 like I've never held on to anything before (too dramatic?), I want this post to collect some of my lovely memories from the holiday season.

1. Decorating my room

I'm really into decorating my room so of course this was very fun for me to do. I kept it simple though, but I'm still loving it and kinda don't want to take it down. Here's just one example. This santa laundry thing (that's what my grandma calls it) is like my favorite thing ever and I don't want to take it down.



2. Listening to christmas music

I've actually been listening to christmas music since like May. Michael Buble's album is appropriate for any time of the year.

3. Listening to the whole Led Zeppelin IV album on my new record player.

I got a nice audio-technica turntable, even though I didn't ask for it, and it was an awesome surprise. I could finally listen to one of my three records I've been saving since 2013.

4. Spending christmas with my family and my boyfriend

Yup, it was very fun! We all had a very nice time. I wrote a little more about this in my last post.

5. Drinking lots of tea

Shoutout to my boyfriend for getting me the lovely White Christmas Tea (it's sooo good) and to my mom for ordering one of my favorite teas ever which is the Stach Premium Peach tea.

6. The memories of last Christmas

Las christmas was amazing. So was this one, but some of my favorite memories ever come from last christmas. Here are some pictures:


~~~~~~

How did you celebrate New Year's Eve?? I spent it with my family at a great-aunt's house. To be honest, I'm more of a christmas person than a NYE person. I guess NYE just doesn't have that cozy feeling to it. Maybe I've just never had a very fun NYE celebration. It amazes me, however, how people become very special/sentimental on this date. I got messages from different people just wishing me a happy new year and saying nice things about me, and I was just very surprised by all of that. I've never felt more valued on a NYE. Thank you.

I'm not sure if it's just Colombian tradition, but at midnight we all ate 12 grapes and ran around the house with a suitcase. I think the 12 grape tradition is for good luck and the running around with the suitcase is so you'll travel a lot during the year. Do you guys have any NYE tradition? I also know in Colombia some people do this thing called año viejo, where they make a dummy, representing the past year, and burn it. It's a bit too violent for me though.

Unfortunately, I could not take nice OOTD pictures yesterday, but, of course, I'll still show you what I wore.









Dress from Forever 21
Shoes from American Apparel


Thanks for reading! Tomorrow I'll be traveling to San Andres (a small Caribbean island). I'll try to make the most of it and come up with some OOTD ideas in a place where you're just basically wearing swimsuits the whole time. Hope you have a great first day of 2016!!! Best wishes!

Maria

4 comments:

  1. Never knew about that Colombian tradition! Hahaha, it's so funny and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just surfing randomly and found your blog and this Christmasy post is such a delight to read, Keep posting more stuff like this. The new year celebration is also what I feel is very hyped; check out my post for the same here http://goo.gl/IACPhE. I would love to know what you think. I wish you best.
    love, Sia | www.wintersnuggle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Sia! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll make sure to check out your post :)

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)