Saturday, March 7, 2015

making chocolate covered cookie dough truffles!

Happy Saturday!


Yesterday, I found this cookie dough truffle recipe on The Sunday Chapter while browsing through bloglovin. I had a mini heart attack when I read "cookie dough truffles" because I'm addicted to them.  Every time I go to Godiva I order either three cookie dough truffles, or two cookie dough truffles and a birthday cake truffle. Unfortunately (or fortunately...) we don't have Godiva in my country, so I never get to have cookie dough truffles unless I travel. I'm so excited I'm finally going to be able to make them!

I invited my boyfriend to make the truffles with me. Here's the thing, last time I baked I invited some friends over and they happened to know how to bake cupcakes. This time, none of us had any idea what we were doing. You would think it is almost imposible to screw up making something as simple as this, but we managed to do it. The truffles still tasted great, they just didn't look that nice.

The ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2-3 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for dipping)

We didn't use semi-sweet chocolate chips though, we just used regular ones. 

Here we mixed in the butter, brown sugar and vanilla. It looks pretty nasty at this point, but don't worry.



When you add the cup of flour it starts looking nicer (and it tastes so good).



Then we added the cup of chocolate chips. Honestly, I think one cup of chocolate chips was way too much. Next time I would rather add half a cup or less. And yes, I could not get myself to stop eating the mix!



The mix turned out pretty dry, so we added a little bit of milk before we started making the little balls.





By the way, my dress is from Anthropologie. I like wearing dresses when I cook because it makes me feel like I'm 20 years old and I'm at one of those parties where adults cook dinner with their friends. Does that make sense? I don't know. 












Heres is where we screwed up: we microwaved the chocolate for way to long, so instead of melting it became something like a dry brownie-looking substance. It tastes the same though, but that's why there are some nice looking truffles and some not-so-nice looking ones.



The finished product:



Have a nice weekend!

Maria

2 comments:

  1. These look absolutely DELICIOUS!! I want some now ;) good job!

    xo, Mikéla
    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)