Sunday, March 8, 2015

10 things that make me happy

Or things that make me less cynical



The last two weeks have been tough. I'm a little stressed out about school, especially because I have parent teacher conferences next week. But I'm not going to rant about any of that here, because I'm going to focus on happy thoughts today.

Here are some things that make me happy:


1. Watching films

Probably my favorite thing to do. I go to the movies at least once a week, and most of the time it's not because there's something I particularly want to watch; I enjoy watching anything at all, because I feel like I learn something or get something out of every single film I watch.


2. Listening to music

I just love laying down on my bed, closing my eyes and listening to All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone over and over again. I also love making playlists on 8tracks or listening to other people's playlists. Too bad I can't sing or play any instruments. I used to kind of play guitar, but I haven't practiced in a long time.


3. A cup of coffee

This one might be due to the fact that I have a slight caffeine addiction. Coffee just makes me really happy, I can't even explain why. I especially enjoy a nice cappuccino when the weather is chilly.


4. Shopping

Oops! #sorrynotsorry


5. Taking pictures

Especially pictures of the sky.


6. Rainy/chilly days

I love rainy days, especially because it's very hot were I live and we don't have seasons. Rainy days are the only days I don't feel like I'm dying of heat or sweat even while showering (that was disgusting, I'm sorry), so that's why I like them so much.


7. Remembering New York

I just want to be there so badly. Can it be summer already?


8. Christmas season

I don't mean the day of christmas itself, because that's when all the excitement dies. I love the time before christmas because everything just feels so nice and cheerful and cozy. I was in Washington in early December and the cool weather just made all the christmas spirit feel even more perfect. I can't even explain this properly because of how happy it makes me!


9. Posting on this blog

Of course I love doing this. Why else would I do it? I love writing in general but I also love the other aspects of blogging, such as meeting new people, reading comments and just the whole community (I guess I could call it that).

10. That "I don't have to do anything today" feeling you get on the last day of school when vacations start

Wow. That was a long subtitle. I'm sure everybody understands this.



What are some things that make you happy?


Maria

4 comments:

  1. Hey Maria. I loved your post. I couldn't agree more. I love watching movies too, it's such a great mental break. Its one of few things that really takes my mind to a completely different place. I used to go to the cinema alone when I was younger just because it was such a fun escape from the stress of work and life.

    Hope you have a great Monday!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much for your nice comment! Going to the movies is also my way to escape from the stress of "real" life.

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria! I do almost everything of your list for relaxing, specially watching films and enjoying rainy days (and shopping, of course, every women love that even they say not)
    One thing I love doing myself when I need to chill out is having a relaxing bath, with bath salts and very hot water. I love to stay there forgetting the outside world.
    Try to avoid all the stress and have a break! ;)
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would love to be able to take baths but I actually don't have a tub! So what I usually do is take a long shower and use nice smelling soaps and scrubs. I totally forgot to include that in this post and I should have!

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)