Friday, February 20, 2015

vanille cupcakes



I have never baked anything in my life, like, at all. The only thing I walk into a kitchen to do is press a button in the pod coffee machine, and viola, coffee is served. Coffee is really the only thing I need to survive. I have also never held a "party" before. At least not since that birthday party I had when I was in fifth grade when I forced my guests to create posters for the presidential elections in Catland. I'm not even joking though, this actually happened.

I was studying for a physics exam last week, while drinking a vanilla cappuccino and eating a vanilla muffin, when something great occurred to me. I said to myself "I wonder how it'll be to just eat food that contains vanilla in it for a whole day!"  I actually started planning it out because it seemed like a brilliant idea at the time.

I got very excited about this whole vanilla day thing. Well, I realized I cannot really only eat food containing vanilla for a whole day, so just inviting a few friends over and attempting to bake vanilla cupcakes would have to do. I looked up some recipes online and I choose the one that I liked the most. I also kept in mind the fact that I had never baked anything in my entire life, so I also had to pick recipes that seemed relatively easy to make. To be honest, the recipe I found that I liked the most was the Vanilla Bean Blueberry Lemon + Cream Cheese Swirl Sticky Buns. I love sticky buns, and these look absolutely perfect in every posible way, but I know I could not make something like that. Maybe when I become a pro I will try it out.

I wanted to have a reason to invite my friends over to bake cupcakes. I don't really know why but I just felt the need. I wasn't going to make up a holiday (international vanilla day) or anything like that. Well I mean, if there isn't an international vanilla day I would love to create my own, but we were only baking cupcakes and that wouldn't be enough for that special holiday. I applied to a filmmaking summer program at NYU, and I was to be told if I got accepted or not no later than February 20th. That's why I decided to throw my "party" yesterday, February 19th. In my mind it could work as a celebration or consolation party. It turns out that I received an email from NYU last night (after the party thankfully) and I was accepted! I was so happy I think I cried a little. So I guess it was a celebration party after all.

Back to the cupcakes. I actually combined two cupcake recipes. I got the idea for making the actual cupcake from here and then the frosting recipe from here. Honestly, we hardly even followed the steps, we just mixed in all the ingredients and hoped for the best.

Do not bake cupcakes like these if you are in some sort of diet. They basically consist of a bunch of butter and absurd amounts of sugar.






#fashion ^^^



















The cupcakes turned out pretty good considering this was our first time baking. I mean, they basically tasted like butter and sugar, but they didn't taste that bad. My mom had no faith in me, so I guess I could say I exceeded her expectations. 

I know this post was a bit random but I thought it would be a fun way to tell you all that I was accepted in the Tisch Filmmakers Workshop program. I'm REALLY excited about that so I had to share it!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting into the NYU program, that must be so exciting!! The cupcakes look pretty good, especially the frosting topped with sprinkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! The frosting was super sweet though, I think we used a bit too much sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look super cute!
    following you on bloglovin', hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am now following you too! <3

      Delete
  4. Aww I really want to do something like this with my friends as well. You are all so cute and i bet those cupcakes taste yummy! <3

    Have a nice day, Maria! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!

      It was very fun to bake the cupcakes, and they turned out pretty good considering it was our first time.

      :)

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to bake too but never really got the time to do it. hahaha thanks for the visit =) new post on my blog
    http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'll be sure to check it out :)

      Delete
  6. oooo, those cakes look soo yummy! I really need to get round to do some baking soon! Mind checking out my recent blog posts and possibly leaving a few comments behind? Thanks,
    http://afrobeebeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Abbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll make sure to check out your blog! :)

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)