Saturday, February 28, 2015

sunday morning: things to do on a lazy sunday


(background picture from weheartit.com)

I don't want to start this negatively but my week was absolutely awful. I haven't slept in like three days and I am physically and mentally exhausted. I'm a high school student so I really cannot control how much workload I have or how many hours of sleep I get. When I'm extremely busy I tend to fantasize about having a day off where I could actually not think about school or homework at all. Even though Saturdays and Sundays are supposed to be our "day's off" we all know that's bs because we still have to do tons of homework. 

I hate Sundays. To me Sundays mean homework, stress, and depression. I don't think I'm the only high school student who looks out the window on a Sunday at around 6 pm and feels deeply depressed because I realize school sucks and so does life.

Anyway, I was fantasising about not having to do anything this Sunday and I came up with a short list of things I would like to do if I didn't have to do homework. This is, of course, never going to happen, but you gotta find a way to stay positive and whatever. 


1. Watch as many films as possible. 

I would just watch anything on Netflix that looks like it might be interesting. It's very likely I would probably just end up watching rom-coms. I love rom-coms, please forgive me. 

2. Read.

 I have like 20 thousand books on my book shelf (not really) which I haven't been able to read because I just don't have enough time. Right now I really want to read Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Behaviour Rules Your Mind by Leonard Mlodinow. 

3. Drink a lot of coffee. 

I might be addicted to caffeine you guys, I'm not sure. I would NOT drink coffee next to my computer though, I learned my lesson. I would love to just turn on some scented candles, play some music (maybe just Sunday Morning on repeat) and make a passionate experience out of every cup of coffee. Is this weird?

4. Wake up whenever I feel like it. 

I usually wake up at around 7:30 am on Sundays because I have so much homework to do I can't waste time sleeping. Like my history teacher says, "life sucks and then you die".

5. Watch videos on Youtube. 

I'm guilty of spending countless hours watching different kinds of videos on Youtube. I especially like watching those beauty videos by teenage girls. I don't know why! I swear I don't want to like them but I just can't help it!

6. Bake.

 I've baked once before and it was pretty fun. I would probably just bake by myself though because I don't like spending time with people on Sundays. There's not a lot of people who would want to spend time with me anyway. Wow, where is this cynicism coming from?

7. Stretch.

 I know this one is kind of weird, but I've been trying to get my splits for the longest time with no success because I don't have enough time to actually follow a daily stretch routine. I don't have any reason in particular why I want to get my splits, it just seems like fun. 



I'm so glad I could make this list end in an odd number (it's the OCD you guys). Tomorrow is Sunday and I won't be doing any of this, but it's okay because I already feel so much better just by writing this down. I do hope you guys have a great Sunday! Thanks for reading <3

Maria

10 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Sundays should be spent relaxing and mentally preparing for the week haha ps. we love your blog! My friend and I recently made a personal, lifestyle and beauty blog, it would be amazing if you could have a look at it! Thanks :) http://happydreamers.weebly.com
    We are also on Bloglovin as 'Happy Dreamers' xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! I'll check out your blog for sure!

      Delete
  2. The weekend is when we are supposed to relax but it's just the opposite! Can't wait for summer

    Sarah | Sarahanne14i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for commenting again but I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award. You can check it out here

      Sarah | Sarahanne14

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Sarah! :)

      Delete
  3. amazing post !!


    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I checked out your blog :)

      http://immariav.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. nice post dear
    NEW BLOG POST : http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/ .
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check out your blog!

      Delete

I appreciate every single comment! Thank you so much for taking the time! I love reading your thoughts and opinions. :)